Join our team
We are delighted to say that we will be expanding our team in 2019. Please keep an eye on this page for future job advertisements and also current volunteering opportunities.
This is an opportunity to join a small but dynamic team working on online safety for children, which is one of the key social issues of our time.
The Education Officer will assist in the development, delivery, and support of educational programmes for children, parents and those working closely with children, particularly in vulnerable communities. They will also be involved in the development of a wide range of online and printed educational and awareness raising resources, promoting these resources on digital media platforms and the CyberSafeIreland website and supporting the strategic objectives of CyberSafeIreland.
CyberSafeIreland is a not-for-profit organisation, established in 2015, that works to empower children, parents and teachers to navigate the online world in a safe and responsible manner. We believe that everybody can play a role in keeping children safe online, including children themselves. Education is a key part of the solution and both schools and parents have a vital role to play in supporting children to be safe online.
RESPONSIBLE TO: PROGRAMME DIRECTOR
Main responsibilities for the Education Officer will include:
- Developing, updating and delivery of online safety workshops to children, parents, teachers and others working with children
- Creating online and printed educational resources for children, parents, schools and other relevant groups.
- Updating and developing content for CyberSafeIreland’s digital media accounts and the CyberSafeIreland website.
- Providing administrative support to the CyberSafeIreland team as required
- Assisting with and/or attending relevant events or campaigns as required
- Liaising with other relevant organisations / parties in Ireland and abroad
- Contributing to meetings, reports and communications
The duties of this post may vary from time to time in accordance with the changing needs of CyberSafeIreland. The Education Officer will carry out any other duties as may be defined by their line manager (the Programme Director) or the Chief Executive Officer in consultation with the post holder.
PROFILE AND SKILLS
Candidates must have the following qualifications, competencies or experience:
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- An excellent command of English, both spoken and written
- A strong interest in technology and desire to impact the online behaviour and knowledge of both children and parents
- Good knowledge of apps and games that children and young people use
- Experience delivering presentations to a wide variety of audiences including children
- Excellent organisational skills, being capable of prioritising effectively and working to short deadlines to meet project objectives.
- Capable of working effectively within a team but also of working independently as required on a proactive basis
- Flexibility to meet the needs of the organisation, including a willingness to travel for work-related events and to engage in work outside of core hours (evenings/weekends) as required on occasion. There is an expectation of being available for at least one evening a week during term time to deliver parent talks
It would be desirable that candidates for this post have the following qualifications, experience or competencies:
- Experience in teaching at primary or post primary level
- A recognised teaching or ‘train the trainer’ qualification
- Experience developing online learning content for children
- Relevant experience working with children or young people
- Graphic design skills
- Digital media and online marketing skills
- Experience of working with web publishing tools and content management systems
- Experience of contributing to awareness raising campaigns
- 30 hours per week (including up to one evening per week)
- The post will likely be based in our office in Dun Laoghaire but travel to and from schools and other locations is an expectation of the role
- €28,080 per annum (for 30 hours per week)
Candidates must have a full clean driving license and must be willing to obtain Garda clearance
If you believe you can help us in our goal to empower children, parents or teachers to navigate the online world, please get in touch.